Sunday, September 26, 2010

Touch

When I decided to write this blog, I knew that it would be difficult to express the thoughts rattling around in my brain without sounding completely insane. After a long time contemplating, I realized that no matter how eloquently I explained myself, I will still come across as someone who is completely insane. So....here goes.





This summer I started watching the tv show LOST (Before everybody starts commenting on this telling me spoilers, I have yet to finish the show, keep your opinions and thoughts on it to yourself!). This weekend, I watched the season five finale, meaning that I only have one more season to complete before I can join the ranks of people who have seen all of the show. I fully expected to watch this episode, allow my mind to get completely boggled, and then carry on with my quest to find Season Six. Instead, God spoke to my heart during the episode and presented a new concept in my mind through an event of the episode.



In the beginning of the episode, we finally see Jacob: a timeless character who seems to simply observe all the goings on of the island. As the episode progressed, different flashbacks of each character's life were shown. Each flashback featured a significant, life-altering event in the individual character, and, in each event...Jacob was present.


As a disclaimer before I explain further, I have not finished the show. For all I know, the character that I am discussing could turn out to be a monster or an alien or anything else crazy that comes up in Lost. But seeing him in this episode caused my mind to hit upon a truth so simple and so powerful that I was brought to tears at the thought. This tiny picture of a television character made me realize the significance of God's presence in our lives. I mean, we are told that God is always there, but getting a visual of a caring, powerful, Father-like figure ever at our sides was the most beautiful thing I had ever thought upon. The beauty lies in the fact that this visual is completely true: He has been actively in my life from the moment of my conception. He has been there to celebrate when I win, been there to cry with me when my heart feels broken. Been there to lavish me in love over and over again, even when I don't deserve that type of unfailing adoration from an almighty Creator. Even when I am busy and not feeling very Christian-like, He is still there, ready to touch my heart in ways that will boggle my mind. And He will be there until I close my eyes in death, guiding my closer to Him until the ending of this life where I will begin the rest of my life, worshipping before His throne in the place He has prepared for me.

Perhaps this is just rambling, perhaps not. The summary is this: God is real, He is present, He is love.

Can't wait to see You face to face, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment