Sunday, May 26, 2013

Words from a 13-year-old

I turned 13 this past week. Not in the physical sense, but in the spiritual sense. On May 24, 2000, I started following Christ and letting Him take charge of my life. I was 9 years old, and it didn't really dramatically change my life at the time, but as I grew I learned how God loves me enough to want to fine my life to make me look more like Him.

I've been a new creation for 13 years now, but I still fall short on a daily basis from where I should or could be as a follower of Christ. I'm not always good at following. I'm prone to being apathetic and not seeking or loving nearly as much as I should. I get frustrated with people, tired of trying, And lax in spending time listening to what God has for me. I'm really just not the best candidate for representing Jesus in this world.

But somehow, through the beauty of grace, my shortcomings are covered by Jesus and His blood. No matter what I do, I am constantly, continually covered by grace and made perfect in God's sight by the atonement of His son. I am grateful for grace, for the knowledge that I am made whole and perfect and enou in the sight of God, and that faith alone held the key to my redemption.

I'm not sure where the next 13 years of following Christ will lead me, but I know that He will continue to shape me and make me more like Him. With all the changes that life has in store lately, it is good to know that I serve One who is constant, and who will never stop working in and through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment