Monday, May 24, 2010

Random. Thoughts. Seis: Super Awesome Quesadilla Party! ;)

Universe, I surrender. I will flipping watch LOST. I am 7 episodes into season 2, and due to my constantly curious nature and the inability of friends to just tell me what the deal is with the island, I am going to sacrifice my sanity to satiate my curiosity. Universe, 1. Katie, 0.

College has made me become an addict to chocolate soy milk. Yummm.

Before summer is over, a kiddie pool bubble party will ensue, I swear to it.

I feel that if someone had no knowledge of Christianity and listened to the Tenth Avenue North CD "By Your Side", they would not only learn who God is, but feel the strong desire to accept Him in their lives. Every song on that album is so scripturally sound and profound.

Supposedly, the dorm I lived in all last year (Corbin) is one of the most haunted places in Lawrence. So THAT'S why my doors would open and shut randomly at all hours of the day and night! (just kidding, no paranormal activity happened there:)

Although, speaking of that...this one November morning in my dorm room, when I was all alone, I heard a thump at about 5 am. I sat up but, seeing nothing, went back to sleep. When I woke up a few hours later, a banana that had been brand new and on my microwave when I fell asleep was in front of my closet all the way across the room, solid black from apparent age, despite the fact that the other bananas were still yellow. Oh, man...

I'm begining to believe I am a legitimate photographer. This is probably not a good thing for the sanity of those around me. My camera is constantly out and on.

Going back to my high school's graduation made me very cynical. I hated the feeling.

The other night, me and the rest of the five buddies each wrote down our standards for the guy we want to win our hearts. My list made me smile in anticipation of discovering who the awesome man is that God has for me to give my heart to :)

Why is it illegal to put prepositions at the end of a sentence?!? To quote Mrs. Courtney Green: "English is just something invented by old dead guys."

Within the last four days or so, I have discovered John Mayer for the first time. I am positively in love with the Continuum album.

I don't care what scientists say. I know that we must dream in color.

The summer before my senior year, I put in almost 600 hours of volunteer work. I like living a purposeful life. Summer drives me crazy if I just sit around doing nothing.

Apple Cranberry Raspberry juice by Minute Maid is the greatest stuff ever. No contest.

True conversation follows.
Katie: "What's the name of the most famous Eminem song? Like the one that I know?"
Tyler: "The Real Slim Shady."
Katie: "No, but what's the title of the song?"
Tyler:..."The Real Slim Shady."
Katie: "Ohh. For some reason I keep getting that mixed up with Beyonce."

I get cold really easily. It's not weird to see me wearing a jacket in 70 degree weather.

My favorite teacher in college so far just moved to Michigan :(

Am I a nerd for jumping and screaming in excitement when, during the surprise scene after Iron Man 2, I realized the next Marvel movie will be about Thor, and then explained it to all my friends?

Alyssa's new name is Tom Tom. I would be very lost without her. :)

My favorite flowers are tulips and daisies. These are also the flowers mentioned in the song "Firefly" by Jimmy Needham :)

C.S. Lewis may have been one of the most intuitive and genius men in modern history. I read his works and then have to sit back for at least an hour to reflect on his astounding views.

I recently discovered that James Earl Jones recorded himself reading the Bible. How awesome is that?

My new goal in life is to become skillfull at more than just chords on guitar. I am currently trying to learn the pluck/snap thing john mayer does on "heart of life". It's super difficult and makes me go crazy :p

I really want to see a tornado. Really really really.

Currently, I am covered in bruises. I think I beat myself in my sleep.

Shutter Island is the worst movie of all time.

Casablanca is the best movie of all time.

I should probably go take a shower now, because I went on a really long run earlier in humid weather, and since it's midnight I'm tired....goodnight world! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment