Monday, November 16, 2009

Random. Thoughts. IV: Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven (shoobie, doobie)

Beginning disclaimer: Yes, I am working on a paper while I write this Random. Thoughts. blog. For some reason, I write better papers when I am multi-tasking.

First snow, today! Epic-ness! Really cold, but okay! I felt like Dorothy after she gets out of the poppy field, I was covered in SO MUCH SNOW!!

Haha, wizard of oz refrence. Didn't even realize it. I blame it on Matt and Tyler giving me a trillion relations to my living in Kansas and the wizard of oz this past weekend.

Past weekend. Matt and Tyler drove up to see me, and we had the best time ever! When I first moved away, I often said that the Oklahoma friends helped me remember how to breathe. Now that I've been here awhile, I've learned to breathe on my own. But it's still nice to have a breath of fresh air in the form of my "pseudo-brothers". Feeling very blessed that God saw fit to give me two heart-brothers :)

This point leads me to my constant discovery that God's ways are, in fact, bigger and better than my own! I don't know why this is so surprising to me when I so often discover this. Never in a million years did I think I would ever leave Purcell, much less Oklahoma. I planned on spending my whole life with Mattyler and Alyssa, going to Sunray till I died and only moving out when I got married to a guy who would live in Purcell. Absolutely none of my life plans happened. And life is better than I could have ever imagined or hoped for. Jeremiah 20:9!

Owl City has infiltrated America. It is impossible to go anywhere without either hearing Fireflies or a reference to Owl City. I'm listening to the CD on playlist, and not understanding the fascination.

Best quote ever:
Lady at the movie theater: "Do you have a student ID for a discounted price?"
Tyler: "No. But I promise you I do go to college, if that helps you any.
Lady at the movie theater: "well..."
Tyler: "But it's a college in Oklahoma. We have IDs though! My ID is just in Oklahoma. Where I go to college."
Lady at the movie theater: "I'm just going to give you the discount, okay?"

Alyssa Laura King makes me laugh every single day through ridiculous texts. This is why I am driving to Stilly this weekend to see her! :D

Trust God with your dreams. You have those dreams for a reason.

Want to wake somebody up? Put the song Rawkfist by Thousand Foot Krutch at top volume. Not that I would ever do this... hehe

I am in love with my future husband. I don't know who he is, but I love him already :)

Is anyone else COMPLETELY STOKED that Disney is making a new princess movie?!?!? :D

For two weeks I have been craving oreos. This is no thanks to Andy.

I'm beginning to think "cute" is overrated. I get told that my truck is cute, my happiness is cute, my random quotes are cute, my thoughts are cute, etc. Cute makes me think of little girls in frilly pink dresses singing songs and playing with their dolls or something. Not of an 18 year old girl living on her own in a dorm in Lawrence, Kansas.

Jon Foreman has a beautiful musical soul.

Mother Machree just came on my ipod. Go Irish music!

Been having the most bizarre recurring dreams. They almost always involve MDA/MPH camp, or the A-Team days with Capn Andy and Morgan. Told you it was weird.

I've got to go help my therapy friends with this paper. As always...more random thoughts to come.

God bless
Katie

3 comments:

  1. AAAAHHHH!!! Best title ever! And did I tell you that I've decided when I someday own a dog I'm going to name it Louis Prima?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha you would. But I didn't know you even liked dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if it was named louis prima and was a gray poodle I sure would!!

    ReplyDelete