Sunday, November 8, 2009

Win My Heart

I am one of those girls who will not date until God brings my future husband to me.

If you aren't my future husband, don't pressure me into dating you. It will only destroy our friendship and put a sour taste in the beautiful love story God has prepared for each of us separately. Protect my heart.

In order for me to consider dating you, you must fit my standards. If you beg me to tell you my standards, you probably won't fit them, because then you will be trying to measure up instead of letting your true self shine through.

If you think you are falling for me, stop. In any relationship, you should first go to God and find His heart before seeking the heart of a fellow human. Human emotion changes with the rising sun; He won't steer you wrong.

If you have prayerfully gone before God and believe that it is in His plan for you to pursue my heart, go to my parents or other spiritual leaders in my life and ask their permission. I know, old fashioned. But they are much wiser than I am, and they would know what is best for me.

Don't expect me to initiate anything here. Old fashioned again, but I believe that the guy should take the initiative in relationships. I deserve a guy who is willing to swallow pride and step forward, even in the possibility of failure.

Not all girls are shallow. I would rather have Cyrano than Edward Cullen. Outward beauty fades. True beauty resides in the soul.

You have to win my heart. It may be hard, but I promise I am worth it. I am only a meager human, as I'm sure you are too. I will hurt you, disappoint you, and not always be the most graceful person in the world. But I'm sure the same could be said of you at times. Forgiveness and compromise are necessities. Every girl deserves a knight in shining armor, not a loser in tin foil. My heart is a treasure, and you have to realize this in order to truly love me.

Some might think I'm crazy to wait for God to bring my husband to me. After all, why should God be concerned with such a simple matter as the heart of a human? Fact is, He is my creator and King. He knows my heart better than I do. I want to guard my heart, for it is the wellspring of my life (Proverbs 4:23) and lean wholly on Jesus to guide me in His perfect ways.

No matter what may occur, God will be the number one in my life. Whoever I may marry, they will be second in my heart. No one can take the place that is required from God in my life.

And if it is better for me to stay single, I will pursue a life of purposeful singleness and trust God as I fall more in love with Him every single day.

1 comment:

  1. Best quote: Every girl deserves a knight in shining armor not a loser in tin foil!!

    ReplyDelete