Tuesday, November 30, 2010

One Year of Gratitude--November

On November 1st, I began a project entitled "One Year of Gratitude". Every day of the year (11/1/10--11/1/11), I am going to post something from the day that turned my heart towards worshipping my Heavenly Father. One month down, 11 to go! It's been an amazing journey already as I have been actively seeking God's heart and seeing Him move within my life. Join me as I grow throughout this year in grace, joy, peace and love!

(Some dates posted have multiple points due to a church project of gratitude)

November 1:
First truly cold day of the season!

November 2:
Today while doing theory homework, I was flooded with the knowledge that my anger and hurt were gone and that I could be content with Tyler's friendship. Thankful for a peace that could only come from God!

November 3:
Reading the crucifixion account of Luke early in the morning and being reminded of the price at which I was bought

November 4:
Passion and hope for my career in music therapy

November 5:
Serving Lawrence's homeless population breakfast this morning and hearing their stories while working with my sisters-in-Christ

November 6:
Good weather and a Jayhawk victory, 52-45!

November 7:
Closure on my short time with Tyler. I hurt, but I'm at peace knowing I've said my part and have a clear conscience.

November 8:
Bethany is such a beautiful friend and Miller Maid to turn my bad day around with plain M&Ms and love :)

November 9:
Conviction to talk with Amanda King, and consequently finding peace over a long-time feud (with potential friendship for the future)

November 10:
Having Annette as my Natural Ties friend and receiving her child-like, pure love through hand-holding

November 11:
Having teachers like Mr. Powell who actually care about my learning and help me understand

November 12:
Having my best friend, Ron, in my life and getting the chance to come visit her for the weekend

November 13:
The legacy my grandparents left behind and the friendship Kyle and I have formed because of them

November 14:
1.)Being able to laugh with and love my roomie after two bad previous living situations
2.)The support of my church family at FSBC
3.) The weird friendship Drew and I have (that doesn't rely on pudding preferences!)

November 15:
1.)Starting a crazy week with great productivity
2.)A chance to read and relax
3.)Succeeding at choral clinic warm-up

November 16:
1.)Relief at CKI stress fading and hope for our club returning to my heart
2.) Kelsie, with her love and hospitality for our Bible study
3.) My mom praying for my day to improve over the phone

November 17:
1.)Having wonderful Mello friends and finally feeling like I belong
2.)Ability to play guitar and worship freely
3.)God-honoring music like "What Can I Do?" by Paul Baloche

November 18:
1.)Spending time with Nicole and her friends at Harry Potter 7
2.)Warm clothes
3.)Cold medicine!

November 19:
1.)Seeing my parents and having a basketball "Parent Date" with the Linvilles
2.)My parents' strong foundation of morality
3.)Unexpected friendships

November 20:
1.)Friendship with Kim that I would have never expected
2.)Legacies and friendships of the Marchign Jayhawks
3.)Getting to watch football with my Dad

November 21:
1.)Friends who look out for my when I'm sick
2.)Worshipping with my family and roommate
3.)Beautiful sunset with cold clouds rolling in

November 22:
1.)Feeling better!!!
2.)Getting caught up on sleep and theory
3.)The gift and wonder of new music

November 23:
1.)The love and sisterhood shared between Alyssa, Kristin, Shannon, and me, and getting a night to share with them <3
2.)Loving my cat, Georgie
3.)Having a full heart and knowing that I wouldn't change a thing :)

November 24:
1.)Spending the day with my family in Norman
2.)Making peace again with Noah and Tyler
3.)Getting my Daddy's chicken and potatoes!

November 25:
1.)Starting Thanksgiving early in the morning with prayer and the Psalms
2.)Holiday traditions with the family
3.)A day of gratitude from all

November 26:
1.)Time in KC with my friends
2.)Safe travels back to Kansas
3.)Talking with Carisa on the bus ride

November 27:
1.)In KC: The best day ever with "The three best friends that anyone can have!"
2.)Getting to talk in depth with a KCMO bus driver
3.)Discussing beauty with my beautiful friend Bethany :)

November 28:
1.)Getting a good start on my therapy session
2.)Nicole is back home! :D
3.)Most beautiful orange and pink sky this afternoon

November 29:
1.)An evening of roommate-ness (aka guitar case destruction and sign language)
2.)A beautiful, peaceful day
3.)Feeling calm about all the work I have to do this week

November 30:
1.)Seeing my friend grow in grace and joy :)
2.)Faithfulness of my friend, Gabby
3.)Unexplainable peace, joy, and happiness that is flooding my heart and showing me that I am walking with the One who created me :)

1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    This is awesome! It's so refreshing to see someone our age doing things like this. You have inspired me. I would like to join you on this journey of gratitude over the next year. Although, mine would start with December. This is truly great. I'm so glad we are friends and that you have allowed me (and a few others) to see your heart through this blog.

    ReplyDelete