Friday, July 1, 2011

One Year of Gratitude: June

June 1:
I get to be Cabin C Cabin Leader! :)

June 2:
Having Alex in Purcell!

June 3:
Day with Alex!

June 4:
Wonderful day of music and friends! :)

June 5:
TnT at church: such a blessing!

June 6:
Road trip adventures with heart sisters!

June 7:
Road tripping with my Meemaw, and getting to hear her stories :)

June 8:
Being around so many examples of pure love

June 9:
The Hobby Lobby lady who helped me buy cape materials at a discount :)

June 10:
Good, encouraging session at Westbrook. lots of productivity, and Thor with Dad

June 11:
The healing balm of time spent with Alyssa and Shannon :)

June 12:
Tears of joy at learning once more how to fall in love with Sunray and the Bible

June 13:
Working with Donna for VBS

June 14:
God-sightings in the preschoolers and in the amazing lightning storm!

June 15:
Donna Stillwell and her beautiful, Godly heart of gold, and the chance to truly see her this week; coffee with Shannon and her beautiful gift of loyal friendship; lunch with my Mom and her generous spirit; seeing the wonder on the faces of my preschool class and the chance for God to use me to love them; Donna's generosity in sewing for me; sharing music love with my Dad; running around the lake at daybreak and feeling my heart pound as I watch the day arrive; getting to pray for a dearly loved friend

June 16:
Donna's and Orval's love for the Gospel; getting to explain "forgiveness" to my preschool girls; listening to the voices of people I love and who have impacted me; talking with Megan and the conviction to mentor her; gorgeous sunset and singing praises; Lucille and Daisy, my faithful Westbrook music therapy attendees;

June 17:
Donna's love and patience as she has prayed over me for 10 years; Feeling so free, and realizing that I am beginning to truly see; love and goofiness of my heart sisters; encouragement by MeMe and her welcoming spirit

June 18:
Getting enthusiastic counselors this year; old camp friends and their love; feeling like a homecoming when I arrived at Cabin C; worship on the drive

June 19:
The feeling that comes when I see my "camp babies" arriving; hearing Em and Savannah tell everyone our stories and being willing to paint their hands to decorate my cape; Katy's creativity and tenderness; seeing my counselors openly serving my girls; watching how everything worked out in my fears of transfer problems

June 20:
Conversations with my 3 "camp babies"; getting to know Katy better and better; laughing with Dea during transfers; Paige's kind heart and patience toward Laci; Emily's smile; the chance to paint faces; beautiful simplicity of convos with people throughout camp; Laci's calm in the storm

June 21:
Dea's love for me; unexpected friendship with Tonia; swimming with Katelyn; Daniel Barker's love for his camper made him wear OU gear; my beautiful 3 girls, and their kind hearts; Alexis's sassiness and hidden tenderness; getting Laci for dinner and knowing how to calm her

June 22:
Reading Dea's poem with her for the talent show; Lots of talk with my favorite ladies; Paige's patience and kind heart; Sharing memories of Matt with Nick Carson

June 23:
Talking with Paige; Derek's teamwork; deep life discussions with Em, Dea, and Savannah; Cabin F's hospitality; the chance to be in the lives of my Cabin C girls; laughter shared while dressing Dea

June 24:
Katelyn's warm fuzzy of love for me; getting to meet all the parents and gain their trust; talking with Tyler, for a little while; kindness of my heart sisters to not blame me for sleeping during a movie

June 25:
Beautiful feeling of much-needed sleep

June 26:
The joy on Megan's face when I asked if I could be her mentor; playing piano for worship; driving with my Dad; "finding my heart"

June 27:
Thoughts toward romance and God's great skill in authoring our biographies

June 28:
Surrounded by so many beautiful, loving people who truly desire my best

June 29:
sisterhood and easy conversation with Alyssa; getting to explain the "discovery of my heart"; hearing people who are excited about the Word and willing to share; new perspective in Ruth; my Dad's gentle heart; dogwalking talks with my Mom; conviction to move, and the desire for change

June 30:
A day of summer relaxation; having a best friend with whom I can nerd out; Paul's writing to the early church

No comments:

Post a Comment