Thursday, October 29, 2009

Random. Thoughts. Three: Oh, sweet procrastination!

Believe it or not, writing these random. thoughts. notes really helps me stay on task when I have to write a paper. I know that doesn't make much sense.

Another pro to these lists is that, for some reason, people seem to enjoy reading them.

Lately, I've been quoting poetry a lot. Great thing is that no one knows I'm quoting poetry and believe I am a really deep, intellectual individual. I'll let them continue to believe that.

One day, I woke up and found I didn't despise PIAN 284 anymore. We'll see if that lasts.

I have always wanted a Nissan XTerra. I don't know why, I just do. Maybe it's because of all the exciting incidents we got into while using Regina Powers's old XTerra. Not that those exciting incidents ever happened, and no, no one ever went car surfing on the top of that vehicle...

I really really really want to paint pumpkins! Anybody else want to join in this activity?

Also, i have no idea what i'm going to be for halloween? Ideas?

Need a laugh? Think back to the embarrassment that was stumbling through "Baby, It's Cold Outside!" during the senior choir concert, followed by carol of the bells. That'll give you a chuckle.

Speaking of that choir concert...alyssa! We should have stolen that sparkly tree!!!

And while we are on the lines of things that alyssa and i find entertaining...I want those coffee cups. I miss the coffee cup game. We were so good at that! Could definitely be a pro sport.

Yesterday I sealed two air conditioners with trashbags and duct tape. I felt like redneck barbie. It was awesome.

Jim and Pam got married! Yay! PB&J!

Two weeks ago, my natural ties event was in a bar. I was seriously angry, but had to keep it together for my tie friend...

Apparently a little kid in Pauls Valley OK drew a picture of me in his sunday school class, because he says I'm his best Christian friend. Okay! Cute! But i have no idea who this kid is...

Clint Glover's senior quote in the yearbook makes me laugh no matter what: "A world without barbecue chicken is a world in chaos." Oh, how I miss our calculus class! "I'M SAILING AWAY!"

I already know who I want my maid of honor to be. No, I don't have intentions of marriage anytime soon, or even a guy for that matter. But I know who my maid of honor is going to be. Unless she screws it up....lol jk!

I cannot believe I am about to say this and I will take it back in the beginning months of 2010, but....I'm really looking forward to snow in Lawrence :)

One of the best band concerts I've ever attended was the Tichelli wind ensemble concert October 2. Sanctuary was so beautiful, i had major chill bumps! And Angels in the Architecture....oh wow.

Tyler, do you remember in eighth grade when I would create awesome names for your future children? "Taco Bell, Clara Bell, Ana Bell, Isa Bell..." I'm still sticking with the name taco, because then kristin could ask the kid if his name was taco.

I got bored today and drew lines on my lamp.

The more time I spend in Kansas, the more I am falling in love with it. I know, i know. That's heathenistic talk. But on days like today, I just have a weird feeling that four years is not enough time to be here, and I will miss Lawrence a lot over the summer. We will have to wait and see if this feeling persists.

I attended a Tuba Recital today.

Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase! It means no worries for the rest of your days!

I need therapy to get over the song "In love with a girl". Seriously.

Pretty sure the happy bus driver thinks I'm an engineering student who carries around stolen band instruments.

I just got a strange urge to re-watch Super Chicken episodes.

Another urge, I keep having strange moments of absolute desire for Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday ever, and I just really am looking forward to it

Since the issue came up today at the Bell's house...No, I do not like pie. It repulses me. Something about fruit baked in a crust is gross to me. Pumpkin pie, Lemon meringue, and chocolate are okay, but that's it. SOrry, not meaning to be un-American.

I got to play guitar in church today :) it was amazing :)

I really sincerely crave Ireland. Don't think that will ever change.

Lately, I've been borrowing a lot of old black and white movies from the library. So great!

Currently reading Cyrano de Bergerac for the 9,742,651 time. Slightly exaggerated number there.

Tonight, I'm going with Kaleen to a recital for REC 100 credit. So I should probably stop writing this note and start finishing the essay I am procrastinating on!

Love bunches, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment