Thursday, October 29, 2009

Random. Thoughts. Too: Because my mind goes even faster when i'm sick/joyous :)

I write way too many facebook notes. I think it's just because I have so many thoughts, and I'm not always able to share them with the people I love, so I write to channel my thoughts and curb my Kristin-induced-tourettes :)

On the lines of channeling thoughts, I tweet way more than I should. It also reduces the Kristin-induced-tourettes :)

Do they have coke machines on the campus of BYU?

This weekend I tried to remove my earrings for the first time since I got my ears pierced 6 weeks ago. They would not come off of my ears. I had to go to clares on mass and have them physically pull them off my ears. Gotta love child-proof jewelry!

A month ago I saw Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, and Bob Dylan in concert in Grand Prairie Texas! It was pretty epic. It also reminded me that my greatest fear in life isn't needles: it's illegal drugs. Marijuana was pretty prevalent and I was almost hyperventilating cause I was so terrified I was going to get some in my lungs. My dad, however, was totally calm, just accepting the fact that drugs were going to happen since his daughter insisted on being as close to the stage as possible haha. On the plus side, I got some AMAZING pictures :)

I adopt people very often and quickly become passionate about the things I'm involved in :)

On my way back to Kansas from my last visit home, I was getting gas and the pump exploded on me, drenching me in gasoline. I can't stand strong gasoline scent.

I love the scene in Big Fish where he covers the lawn in yellow daffodils because they're her favorite flower :) so cute....

Speaking of favorite flower, once upon a time Rachel and I decided the perfect guy was "a good Christian guy with tulips". This means, boy who loves Jesus and cares enough to know that your favorite flowers are tulips, not roses :)

I really want to be a female worship leader. Idk how to achieve that, just keep praying for opportunities maybe? God knows best :)

Since my last random thoughts note, I have jumped into the Chi O fountain twice :)

Since I've come back to college after getting swine flu, people unintentionally back away from me when i share why I was gone. I don't spread disease, people!

Today made me smile because I had a lot of people say they missed me last week! I didn't even know anyone here knew my name!

Every time I hear the song Out of my League, I just really want to be a ballerina or a princess. It's so adorable! Every time I hear it, I start dancing around, and I don't even realize I'm doing it :)

This week is going to include several "first experiences". I'm a little afraid, but the excitement cancels fear :)

My RA just gave me puppy chow :)

I have recently decided that Robert Pattinson is not as ugly as I used to say he was. If anyone comments on this thought I will "punch you in the kidney and not give you one of mine".

I am way more excited than I should be that The Office season six starts this Thursday!!!! I'm gonna have to figure out a way to see it! PB&J!

My roommate is gone all the time. Seriously. I have spent every weekend on my own. Sometimes I'm afraid I'm turning into Russell Crowe from A Beautiful Mind and have actually imagined my roommate. lol.

Today I was minding my own business, going to Murphy Hall so I could practice, and here comes Grant Reichert running down the sidewalk! I kinda screamed, because I saw somebody I actually knew before college!! Greatest event of an already great day :)

I really don't know how I survived life before Post-It Notes.

Hi, my name is Katie, and I have a severe orange juice addiction.

Every time I hear the song Hallelujahs by Chris Rice, I tear up. It's so gorgeous! Go look up the lyrics! It talks about all the simple, beautiful things in life that should make us sing in adoration to our Maker! The greatest line is one that mentions "the pulse of life within my wrist". This line gives me chills and tears no matter when I hear it. The blood pulsing through our veins is a sign of His great love for us...wow.

I have recently realized who I want to marry someday. And no, it's not David Cook (please don't die of shock there!). Basically, can I please marry Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy??

I am CRAVING fall. I love autumn. Especially October! I really want to go paint a pumpkin, wear a scarf, watch some football, and go jump in some leaves before going inside and making cider or hot cocoa :)

Relating to the above...October is my favorite month. I don't know why. It's just always been a beautiful, wonderful time of the year where God's power seems to surround me in every crisp autumn wind!

I think I have one free ticket for the KU/Duke game on 9/19/09. Any takers?

People like to tell me "You know, you would be a good preacher's wife." Um, hello people? While that would be great...kinda not my responsibility there. haha. Take it up with God :)

Yesterday I couldn't stay inside. I walked all over the place, then went up and down the stairs outside my dorm a hundred times. It's so good to feel good and to soak up beautiful, 70 degree weather! :D

I tripped up the stairs today. This lack of gracefulness is part of the reason that I yearn to define grace with my attitude and life :)

I really really really miss my 58 Chevy Fleetside Apache truck, especially on these perfect weather days :(

Apparently people I don't even know read my facebook notes and share them with others. It's an odd sensation. I don't write to be noticed; I simply write the contents of my heart.

I don't get motion sickness very easily, but the buses at college make me nauseous. Gonna have to figure out a plan for commute once the winter comes...

I'm writing this second random note because Ron told me to :p

Also, I call alyssa by her nickname (ron) more than I call her by her real name. I call kristin by her nickname (carl) on the rarest occassions. Strange...

There's a book my parents saved from when I was little called Counting Katie's Gifts. Basically about a little girl who goes out in nature and looks at and appreciates everything in the world, knowing that God made it all. I really want to go read this book again, because why should the sense of wonderment and adoration of God's creation cease with childhood?

Teardrops on My Guitar just came on my iPod. Brings back good memories of the sophomore band trip to Chicago....ah, good times on that band bus ;)

I truly, sincerely appreciate everyone who has written me letters :) they make my day and put a permanent smile on my face :) If I haven't written you back yet, don't worry. You're on my list :) I love snail mail correspondence :)

Carl, Ron, and I have formed a gang. We're the Woof Pack. Word.

I love love love the church that God has led me to :) If you are looking for a church in the Lawrence area, may I suggest FSBC? :)

Everything in the universe relates to MDA/MPH camp. I bet everyone who meets me thinks I'm crazy, because once I get on the topic, I just start glowing and talking and can go for hours with anecdotes and memories :)

When I'm feeling afraid or overwhelmed, I remember the book The Alchemist and remember that I'm just a girl in pursuit of my personal destiny :)

For my final thought...Before I came to college, I bought a book called Listography. It helps you list the important details of your life so you can remember. I filled it all out in the hopes that, should I lose sight of myself in the craziness of reality, I could always look back and see who I truly was. On the last page I put my life statement. I just want to put it here, so that my readers (whoever reads this) will know that I'm not trying to be somebody crazy or life-changing. Just living by this quote I wrote this summer:

"I am a sinner saved by the grace of God. I love and worship Him because He is my Savior and best friend! On my own, I am not special at all, but because of His touch in my life, I have been made beautiful and know that He's not done with me yet!"

Love bunches, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment