Thursday, October 29, 2009

Random. Thoughts.

My English class is in a parking garage.

I really enjoy walking aimlessly when I'm alone on campus.

Sometimes, it takes every ounce of self control in my body not to sing at the top of my lungs on my morning walk to class.

You wanna know how to freak college girls out? Tell them you don't date. Freak them out even more? Tell them WHY you don't date.

Everytime I drive turning onto Memorial and Campanile, I am reminded of Fly Away Home where the Mom turns right at a sign, the Mary Chapin Carpenter song comes on, and then they have a car wreck. Morbid, I know.

I thoroughly enjoy hearing the whistle announce the end of every class, every day

I think one of the best CDs ever made is Beautiful by Ginny Owens. Every woman needs to hear it, it's so powerful :)

Ever since I moved here, I have extreme OCD. Like, I will stay up and make sure my room is organized before going to bed, even if it's two in the morning.

These past few months, ice cream is the love of my life. For reals.

My horn's name is Ophelia. My guitar's name is Desdemona. Guess I have a thing for Shakespeare heroines.

I like letters. A lot. Getting mail makes my day, even if it's only a textbook coming in.

Every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:15 am, I feel completely invincible, like I could climb a mountain or swim really far or (insert your own superlative). This feeling is because I have just gotten out of Intro to Music Therapy, and am empowered and humbled by the fact that it is 100 % perfect for me!

I really believe I have moved into a refrigerator. I am cold 99% of the time in Kansas.

My "pumping up" songs are The Remedy by Jason Mraz, In Love With a Girl by Gavin DeGraw, and Rawkfist by Thousand Foot Krutch. None of which relate to me since I'm not worrying my life away about someone born on the fourth of july, I'm not in love with a girl, and I'm not throwing up a rock fist. Huh.

Every morning when I walk past the Art School, it smells like vanilla pudding. I think they make it in their kilns.

Also, on the lines of smell, all the intro to music therapy books smell like donuts. Trust me, our whole class checked it out.

My latest "gonna sing in heaven" song is What Wondrous Love is This by The Nelons. I listened to it every day when we were at Padre, and I could literally feel my heart swelling in exultation!

The next time I see people I love from home, I'm gonna attack them. Nothing bad, I just really want a hug.

At the end of July, I licked a piping hot metal spatula because I'm an idiot. First week of college, I licked a piping hot metal spoon because I clearly don't learn from mistakes.

There are six stuffed animals on my desk. All ty brand beanie babies.

Sometimes, I am so overwhelmed by the love of people back home. Like, when someone I love dearly will call or text or just tell me something funny, my people place grows. I am often brought to tears by the love I am given and feel towards my beautiful Oklahoma friends and family. But it's the good, belonging kind of tears :)

I think the saddest thing in the world is living in an all-girl dorm and seeing the broken hearts written on their faces after returning from a night of parties where they have done enough to regret their choices :(

I've grown to love the scent of rain as a perfume or lotion scent.

I should be working on an English essay right now, but I'm about to go grocery shopping instead.

I just found out today that Lawrence has a river! Who knew?!?

There are approximately nine million Katies at college. I am one of a million. Most teachers don't know my name, or call me Erin, for some reason. Do I look like an Erin?

Also today, I went to Blue Springs MO and took a picture of the David Cook sign (you knew I couldn't get through an article without mentioning him once ;)

College has made me realize the truth in a comment from a Charles Martin book: "Love" is spelled T-I-M-E

I adore church. Christianity seems so obsolete here, that every time I get a chance to worship with fellow believers, I am ALWAYS brought to tears.

I miss tourettes fits with the girls. CORN! WAFFLES!

I survive Mondays and Wednesdays with the knowledge that Tuesdays and Thursdays are the next day. I survive Fridays with the knowledge that the weekend and church is just around the corner!

My first english essay will be about working with MDA. Yay easy topic!!

I can honestly get lost walking down the hall. I have horrible direction sense.

The other day, I didn't have a dollar to get out of the parking garage, and the card reader was broken. A nice old man lifted the gate to let me out. Made my day :)

I like free newspapers and music given away on campus :)

Today i started a Book of Wonders, like J.J. does in the book "The Man Who Ate the 747". You should go read the book, cause it's great, but basically a book of wonders is where he wrote down all the amazing things people have done for him so that he can remember and be thankful :)I should probably go be productive.

More random thoughts to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment