Wednesday, June 5, 2013

This is My Father's World

So most of you already know that I get excited about pretty much everything. But today was my first international flight and it was SO COOL! I know, I know. Spending 8 hours on a plane doesn't sound fun. And honestly not all of it is good (ie, I can tell how bad I smell at this point, I'm a little giddy from sleep loss, and oh! Another flight is about to happen in half an hour!). But in the last day-ish, I: flew on a 2-story plane for the first time, saw the sun rise over the sphere of the earth at what I perceived to be 1 am, practically had a plane sleepover with my friend, Kristy, ate airplane food (fun story, semi-related: I decided to go to the bathroom at the same time the drink carts decided to go down the aisles preparing for dinner, and I was asked to stay in the kitchen for about 20-minutes. The flight attendants were super nice and talked to me and gave me free things :), left American soil, and landed in Frankfurt on a different continent where, after a few hours of being in the airport, things really are not as foreign as I would think they would be.

I'm ready to land in Russia around midnight local time, ready to brush my teeth, remove my contacts, and finally sleep for a little bit. But just being here, and seeing the lands of Ireland, England, and Germany from the sky.....so grateful for the journey and the chance to see things I never thought I would see. As we flew, I mainly sat looking out the window and singing "How Great Thou Art" and "This is My Father's World", so blessed to be His and to be following His leading for this next month abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment